We have a rigorous process of self-evaluation and as a result of this we produce an annual school development plan. Each year we focus on specific priorities in order to further improve practice and provision for the children.
Key Priorities for 2014/2015 are as follows:
- To continue to embed raised standards in writing across the school to ensure that all groups of pupils achieve their potential. We have a particular focus on marking and pupil feedback to ensure that this is effective to support children to improve their work.
- To develop a rigorous and systematic process for assessment throughout the school which fulfils the new requirements of the National Curriculum 2014.
- To fully implement the new Code of Practice for SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability) in light of the new requirements for schools from September 2014.
- To fully implement a consistent approach and scheme for mathematics across the school, ensuring that all children make good or better than expected progress.
- To further develop the outside curriculum and environment in the Foundation Stage.
- To review and extend our work on Values which promotes positive attitudes towards all aspects of children’s behaviour and learning.
- Governors to refine and communicate a new Strategic Vision for the School.
Alongside these key developments we are continuing to ensure our curriculum, which includes thematic topic based aspects of the International Primary Curriculum, meets and exceeds the requirements of the new National Curriculum and statutory assessment in Key Stage 1 for 2014. It is our aim to create and provide a stimulating, exciting and relevant curriculum which promotes enthusiasm and a desire for learning for all our pupils.